THE newly refurbished retail space connecting with Liverpool Central Station has achieved full occupancy, Augur Group has reported.
Upon acquisition of Liverpool Central Shopping in 2018, working closely with Merseyrail and the council, Augur refurbished the adjoining retail and restaurant to Central Station to provide new floor and mall finishes, as well as tenant and scheme signage, with mall seating to follow in the coming months.
Simon Mann, Chief Executive of Augur Group, comments: “When we invested in the station and its retail offer, our immediate focus was to enhance the experience for users and retailers alike. It had great potential to contribute to the local area and we’re delighted to have reached full occupancy. We have secured new tenants, which provide much loved grab and go opportunities, as well as keeping existing retailers, which already have their regular visitors and strong local following. We committed to continuing development in this thriving area of Liverpool.”
Augur has repositioned the existing retail offer at the station, focusing on tenants from the food, beverage and convenience market as well as enhancing the overall environment. The four tenants that have signed up since February 2020 include:
- Wonton To Go, an Asian-inspired restaurant run by regional restaurateur Chris brown, a well-known name in the city for his excellent endeavours through the Gourmet Social project, a community interest company that helps sustain holiday hunger for local children and young people, which has been especially busy in recent months.
- T4U, a national Korean bubble tea café and takeaway, opening in Q1 2021.
- Following their huge success in Chester, Dough Dough has completed its fit out, offering a pizza restaurant with craft beer hall.
- Snack and Bargain has completed its express grab and go confectionary and drinks fit out and opened in October 2020.
In addition, existing occupiers have renewed their leases:
- Wok & Go regional Asian food takeaway.
- Archie’s regional burger restaurant – expanding across the North and Midlands.
- Timpson heel and key bar.