LIVERPOOL-BASED event specialists, The Festive Group, say they had barely finished taking down clients Christmas installations, when the phone started to ring for Valentines Day bookings.
It seems that romance is definitely alive and well, as Liverpool’s ‘Lockdown Lovers’ pull out all the stops to make Valentines Day 2021 a romantic day to remember. Tough lockdown restrictions have seen the usual clammer for last minute restaurant bookings for candlelit tables for two replaced with a whole range of thoughtful and ingenious ways of saying ‘I Love You’.
Head of Operations, Paul Lally commented “Romance is definitely in the air. The pandemic has certainly encouraged our clients be more organised and creative this Valentines Day. Our team have worked extremely hard with our customers to make sure that pandemic proposals and celebrations will be every bit as personal and breath-taking as what they might have initially planned. Popping the question to the one you love is one of the most important moments of your life so we just want to make sure it’s a memorable as possible.
“From decorative doorways, wreaths, flower arches, flower walls and giant props, to the ultimate romantic woodland scene setting and prop hire; fully dressed homes and gardens, micro-marquees for two and even super-cosy garden sheds, The Festive Group will be making sure that February 14th is one of the most romantic on record.”
Charlotte Donoghue from Say it with Diamonds said: “We have definitely seen an increase this month in sales of engagement rings and most men are telling us that the difficulties of the past year has confirmed to them that if couples can get through a pandemic, they are confident that they can get through anything life has to throw at them”.
Do it yourself
Whether you are thinking of going all out for your loved one this year, or making a special space a little more magical Jackie Chapman, stylist with The Festive Group, has given us some of her top simple tips to help you set the most romantic space for you and your special one…
- Choose a space that is special and makes you feel comfortable and one which you think you will be able to transform relatively easily (current guidelines permitting)
- Identify any key features in the space i.e. Fireplace, Table and make sure that whatever decoration you choose to include is balanced either symmetrically or asymmetrically.
- Pick out your dominant feature, colour or theme and use this to create flow and a journey through the dressed area.
- Using different textures are great for creating contrast, shiny satins and matt contrasts work very well together. Drapes can create dreamy atmospherics if twinkly lights are included and rugs scattered with petals can look impressive.
- Make sure that your dressing is in proportion to the surroundings and to scale.
- The use of lighting, candles and uplighters can add warmth and depth to create a romantic ambience and set the mood.
- Adding some personal touches like favourite glasses, special photographs, or special gifts will add a personal touch to melt the heart!