BLUECOAT has announced highlights from its upcoming dance programme for 2017. The events take place as part of INHABIT, Bluecoat’s three year programme of New Dance made possible by support from the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation. The programme aims to engage new audiences, including people who have not previously attended dance workshops and events. Working in partnership with Bluecoat on INHABIT are three members of the Liverpool Improvisation Collective (LIC); Jo Blowers, Paula Hampson and Mary Prestidge. Key moments in the INHABIT programme for 2017 include:
- New opportunities to take part in and experience New Dance through participatory events in Bluecoat’s public spaces.
- Debut performances of new work performed by LIC members.
- Guest performers, including Siobhan Davies Dance with a free drop in week-long performance in Bluecoat’s galleries called material / rearranged / to / be
- Collaboration work with a new group of learning disabled artists from Blue Room, Bluecoat’s inclusive arts programme
- An ongoing project bringing creative movement and drawing sessions to pupils at a Liverpool primary school.
- A series of responsive sessions, workshops, professional development opportunities and networking events.