MERSEYRAIL has once again achieved the highest score among regional operators in the National Rail Passenger Survey published today, securing 90 per cent for overall satisfaction. This is five percentage points above the regional average and ten percentage points above the average score for national operators. The bi-annual survey is conducted by independent consumer watchdog, Transport Focus, and is a respected industry barometer. Other Highlights
- Merseyrail achieved 91 per cent for punctuality and reliability, which is the highest score among franchised operators.
- Merseyrail customers were the happiest in the country for value for money for the price of a ticket, scoring 74 per cent, compared with a regional average of 61 per cent.
- 95 per cent of people polled were satisfied with the frequency of trains on the route, a slight increase on spring 2015.
- *Scores for overall satisfaction with both stations and trains jumped by two percentage points to 89 and 88 per cent respectively.
- *Scores for train cleanliness, inside and outside of the train, both saw a hike of six percentage points, following the internal and external refresh of the fleet.